Webinar Replay: Medicare Advantage Advance Notice Overview: Favorable Signs for Managed Care Growth, Performance
This webinar was held on February 11, 2019.
The just-released 2020 Advance Notice Part II represents a net positive for Medicare Advantage plans, including another year of favorable Medicare rates and solid prospects for the growth and performance of the program.
During this webinar, HMA Managing Principal and former CMS Deputy Administrator for Medicare Jonathan (Jon) Blum, joined by HMA Managing Principal Mary Hsieh, provided an overview and analysis of the proposal’s key aspects, including the level of rate increase, growing emphasis on opioids, and efforts to further integrate duals. Speakers also addressed what these changes mean for Medicare Advantage plans’ existing strategies and opportunities.
- Understand why the expected 2020 rate increase for Medicaid Advantage plans – though smaller than last year – is still favorable enough to ensure continued industry growth and solid financial performance.
- Find out how federal regulators continue to push Medicare Advantage plans to play a proactive role in helping to address the opioid crisis.
- Learn how CMS will implement new legislative requirements to permit Medicare Advantage plans to offer non-medical benefits and services.
- Find out how CMS hopes to further integrate dual eligible members, including tightening its enforcement on Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP) that it perceives do not meet D-SNP statutory requirements.
- Understand how prescription drug-related proposals in the Advance Notice tie into broader administration efforts to overhaul pharmacy benefit management drug rebate rules.
- Learn about updates to the Medicare Star Ratings system.
Jonathan Blum, Managing Principal, Washington, DC
Mary Hsieh, Managing Principal, Atlanta, GA
Who Should Listen
Executives of Medicare Advantage plans, Medicare-Medicaid Plans, D-SNPs; providers and executives of provider-led Medicare-Medicaid initiatives; state and federal regulators.