January 16, 2014
Exchanges and Medicaid Expansion: What happened, what’s on the horizon, and what it all means
Implementation of the Affordable Care Act continues to produce seismic shifts in how we look at, think about, and ultimately deliver health care. After a whirlwind 2013, Health Insurance Exchanges and Medicaid expansion will continue to dominate the healthcare landscape in 2014. HMA is leveraging the vast expertise of our national consulting team to provide insight about what’s happening around the country – and what’s around the bend.
HMA Expert Roundtable: 1 to 2 p.m. EST Jan. 15.
Listen in as our experts discuss:
- What’s taking place in states operating Exchanges
- Approaches states are taking as they expand – or opt not to expand – Medicaid
- The Federally Facilitated Marketplace – from state experiences to technical nuts and bolts
- How the 2014 elections might change the landscape even more
- Health plan strategies for participation in Exchanges
Vern Smith, Managing Principal, Lansing, is a nationally lauded expert in Medicaid, Medicare, CHIP, state budgets and trends in the health care marketplace.
Our experts are former Medicaid directors, have created and implemented Exchange strategies, have led large-scale health care information technology projects from concept to completion, worked on Wall Street, and conduct due diligence reviews on behalf of health plan acquisitions. This Roundtable’s experts are:
- Joan Henneberry, Managing Principal, Denver
- Mike Nardone, Managing Principal, Harrisburg
- Wade Miller, Principal, Atlanta
- Greg Nersessian, Principal, New York