This webinar was held on July 24, 2019.
If your managed care organization or health system is considering joining the growing market for Medicare Advantage (MA) plans, including Special Needs Plans (SNPs), or expanding your MA service area, now is the time to start planning for a 2021 launch.
During this webinar, HMA Managing Principal and former CMS Deputy Administrator for Medicare Jonathan (Jon) Blum is joined by HMA Managing Principal Mary Hsieh and Principal Julie Faulhaber. Together, they discussed the strategic, operational, and planning considerations every organization must address before initiating a successful Medicare Advantage plan. Our experts discussed regulatory concerns, operational readiness, benefit structure, marketing, risk management, and other key considerations.
- Find out what your organization needs to make a go/no go decision on the launch of a Medicare Advantage plan, including an assessment of financial feasibility, member opportunity, capital requirements, and operational capabilities.
- Understand the federal requirements and timelines and internal preparations involved in filing a successful application to initiate a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Learn why Medicare Advantage plans serve as a foundation for further efforts to initiate SNPs.
- Understand the key differences between SNPs and Medicare Advantage plans, including special SNP requirements such as the Model of Care.
- Jon Blum, Managing Principal, Washington, DC
- Julie Faulhaber, Principal, Chicago
- Mary Hsieh, Managing Principal, Atlanta
Who Should Listen
Executives from managed care organizations, insurers, hospitals, health systems and other entities considering the launch of a Medicare Advantage plan such as a Special Needs Plan or considering a Medicare Advantage Service Area Expansion.