On February 3, 2016, HMA Information Services hosted the webinar, “California Medi-Cal 2020: What the State’s 1115 Waiver Renewal Means for Medicaid Providers, Health Plans and Patients.”
California has received federal approval for a five-year, $6.2 billion 1115 waiver renewal, which can best be described as a mix of old and new. The waiver reauthorizes Medi-Cal managed care and other existing state Medicaid programs – as well as initiating important reforms and innovations. Though scaled down from the state’s original proposal, the new waiver moves California closer to value-based purchasing in Medicaid in several ways.
During this webinar, business and policy experts from HMA’s California offices provide a comprehensive overview of the waiver’s various components, with an emphasis on the type of organizational structures, systems, and performance measurement capabilities providers and health plans will need to successfully compete in the state’s emerging value-based environment. Listen to the replay and:
- Find out what public and district/municipal hospitals need to do to get their share of up to $3.27 billion in performance incentives through PRIME – successor to the state’s DSRIP initiative.
- Understand the types of reporting requirements, outcome measures and delivery system models needed to successfully implement waiver programs and comply with new rules and regulations.
- Evaluate various integrated care models, an essential component of the state’s Whole Person Care pilot, which will divvy up $1.5 billion in incentive payments to foster integrated behavioral and physical healthcare.
- Learn how to organize case management, care management and training to align with the waiver’s quality and performance requirements.
- Assess the state’s Global Payment Pilot Program, which seeks to move patients out of the emergency room and into primary care with $1.4 billion in incentive payments – funds previously earmarked for Safety Net Care Pool and Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital programs.
The slide deck for this webinar can be retrieved by clicking the “DOWNLOAD” button below.