On March 1, 2017, HMA Information Services hosted the webinar, “How Community-Based Organizations Contract and Receive Reimbursement for Home and Community-Based Services in Medicaid Arrangements – A Blueprint for Success.”
Community-based organizations (CBOs) have a long history of supporting people with disabilities and older adults to live and thrive in the community, through a variety of funding structures. States are increasingly realizing the value of these organizations as providers and partners in their Medicaid-funded programs. At the same time, many states are partnering with Medicaid managed care organizations to provide long-term services and supports (MLTSS) and considering value-based payment structures for LTSS. This creates both opportunities and challenges for CBOs who have had experience serving individuals who need assistance to be able to live independently in their own homes.
During this webinar, a panel of experts provide real-world strategies that CBOs can use to effectively expand access to their services, work with state Medicaid programs, contract with managed care, and ensure sufficient reimbursements. Listen to the recording and:
- Learn where CBOs fit within Medicaid-funded long-term services and supports, in an increasingly value-based and integrated healthcare landscape.
- Understand the challenges in moving from grant-based funding to payment structures based on the development of networks, utilization management, and quality.
- Identify various contracting strategies available to CBOs in dealing with Medicaid managed care health plans.
- Obtain case studies of successful CBOs approaches to contracting and reimbursement, including tips on how to form networks of community-based providers.
- Learn how to address back-office functions, reporting requirements, and IT challenges that come with managed care contracting arrangements or participation in a CBO network
The slide deck for this webinar can be retrieved by clicking the “DOWNLOAD” button below.