On May 28, 2015, HMA Information Services hosted the webinar, “HMA’s ‘First Take’ on New Medicaid Managed Care Regulations.”
CMS just released a new set of proposed Medicaid managed care and CHIP regulations – the first major update of federal rules for health plans in state-sponsored programs in more than a decade. The changes seek to align Medicaid managed care regulations with those of other government-sponsored programs, while at the same time fostering innovation, transparency, quality and financial viability. Like all such rules, details matter. And at more than 650 pages, these proposed rules have a lot of details to digest. It will take weeks – if not months – to fully understand the ins and outs of the new regulations. However, an initial read reveals several important themes likely to dramatically impact Medicaid managed care going forward.
During this webinar, HMA experts offered a “first take,” with initial thoughts and reactions to key components of the new regulations. Topics our experts touched on include:
- The emphasis on aligning Medicaid, Medicare and commercial regulations
- The new Medical Loss Ratio requirements
- The new rate setting requirements
- Establishment of a quality rating system
- Regulations targeted specifically at Managed Long Term Services and Supports
- Marketing and enrollment
- How the regulations are intended to promote flexibility of access to care for members with severe mental illness
Please note that this webinar was a panel discussion, and as such, there was only one slide used – it is the slide you see providing speaker contact information.