On December 1, 2015, HMA Information Services hosted the webinar, “Outreach and Enrollment: Maximizing Medicaid and Marketplace Penetration.”
The only thing more important than offering healthcare coverage through Medicaid or an insurance exchange is making sure that people actually sign up. That’s why outreach and enrollment initiatives are vital.
- During this webinar, HMA Principal Cathy Kaufmann reports on various efforts by states, health plans and advocacy groups to maximize their outreach and enrollment efforts. The goal: making sure that all those eligible for healthcare coverage – even the hardest to reach populations – understand their options and get signed up. Listen to the replay and:
- Understand why wide variation in outreach and enrollment initiatives among states has a direct impact on Medicaid and exchange enrollment and penetration.
- Overcome barriers to successful outreach and enrollment for African-American, Hispanic, Native American, and other hard-to-reach populations.
- Evaluate alternative funding streams and partnerships with community organizations to help facilitate outreach initiatives, reduce uncompensated care, and connect people to social services, such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or housing assistance.
- Understand the importance of federally funded assisters who screen people for eligibility in Medicaid or the marketplace.
- Reduce gaps in care, with a special focus on the population of eligibles who churn between Medicaid and the exchange.
The slide deck for this webinar can be retrieved by clicking the “DOWNLOAD” button below.