On March 3, 2016, HMA Information Services hosted the webinar, “Value-Based Payment Readiness: A Self-Assessment Tool for Primary Care Providers, FQHCs, and Behavioral Health Providers.”
As the shift from volume-based to value-based payment accelerates, primary care providers, including Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and behavioral health providers, must make critical changes to become ready for value-based payments and ensure their financial sustainable. But what changes need to be made?
There is now an online self-assessment tool that providers can use to pinpoint specific strengths and gaps in value-based payment readiness and identify core care delivery, operational, and financial capabilities and high-priority elements to implement. The protocol was designed by HMA and CohnReznick in partnership with the DC Primary Care Association. During this webinar, HMA experts Deborah Zahn and Melissa Corrado, along with CohnReznick expert Peter Epp, demonstrated how the readiness tool can help practices as they prepare themselves for value-based payments. Listen to the replay and:
- Understand how this new web-based, value-based payment readiness assessment tool can help you assess readiness for providers across multiple domains.
- Lean how this tool can help practices identify gaps and/or areas in which improvements are needed and identify the core capabilities that are essential for value-based payments and high-priority elements that should be implemented first.
- Identify the key differences between the assessment tool for primary care providers and the version for behavioral health providers.
- Find out how multiple practices can use the readiness assessment tool to identify opportunities for developing joint strategies.
- Understand the various components of the readiness assessment tool.
The slide deck for this webinar can be retrieved by clicking the “DOWNLOAD” button below.