Webinar Replay: Federal COVID-19 Response: Medicare Advantage Policy Changes and Impacts
This webinar was held on June 11, 2020.
In response to the rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus, Congress and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have made significant policy changes to Medicare Advantage regulations, allowing for expanded benefits and other flexibilities designed to better serve the Medicare population.
During this webinar, HMA experts addressed the impact of these changes, including a look at policies affecting cost sharing, telehealth, Star Ratings, prescription drugs, provider funding, appeals, and Special Needs Plans (SNP). Speakers also addressed the likelihood that these policies remain in place even after the COVID-19 emergency ends.
- Learn about changes in federal Medicare Advantage policies in response to COVID-19.
- Understand how Medicare Advantage plans, including Special Needs Plans, are adjusting to the new rules, including the impact on benefit design, care delivery, payment models, and quality.
- Identify operational implications of Medicare Advantage policy changes to ensure continued delivery of high-quality care to beneficiaries.
- Julie Faulhaber, MBA, Principal, Chicago
- Mary Hsieh, PharmD, MPH, Managing Principal, Atlanta
- Narda Ipakchi, MBA, Senior Consultant, Washington, DC
- Sarah Owens, Principal, Philadelphia
- Danielle Pavliv, MPH, PMP, Senior Consultant, Atlanta