Innovative pharmacy strategies and solutions.
Helping you navigate the changing landscape of prescription drugs.
Over the past decade, prescription drug spending has represented an increasing percentage of total healthcare expenditures.
With prescription drug spending in the national spotlight, it is increasingly important to understand and manage the complexity of prescription drug financing and its impact on health plans, Medicare and Medicaid, other public and private sector payers, the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare systems, and patients.
Our pharmacy team.
HMA’s team of pharmacy experts is diverse, multidisciplinary and experienced. Our consultants offer an in-depth knowledge of the prescription drug landscape, having formerly served as:
- State Medicaid pharmacy directors
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) leadership
- A 340B HRSA policy advisor
- A governor’s healthcare policy advisor
- Health plan experts and executives
Our team is backed by all the resources of HMA. Learn more about the HMA team.
What we do.
Our experts help pharmacy benefit managers, states, health plans, pharmaceutical manufacturers and payers understand and develop innovative strategies and solutions for prescription drug issues. Our areas of expertise include:
- PBM operations
- Market and competitive analysis
- New program development and implementation support
- Medicare Part D/PDP strategy
- Medicare Stars and quality measures
- Medicaid and private payer access and coverage issues
- Medicaid and managed care clinical and operations
- RFP development
- Proposal development and support
We offer a wide range of services and tools to facilitate your project’s success:
- Managed care product and service strategy and support
- Pharmaceutical industry Medicaid and managed care support
- RFP response writing, editing and mock scoring
- Due diligence for pharmacy-related company acquisitions
- Operational performance optimization
- Implementation readiness reviews
Who we help.
With our diverse range of experience and expertise, we are able to help a wide variety of clients, including:
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Pharmacy-related vendors
- Health plans
- Health systems
- State and local governments