Healthcare Delivery System Optimization
Empowering organizations to transform patient care delivery.
As U.S. healthcare has moved from a fee-for-service to a value-based care model, the transformation has led to a host of challenges for healthcare delivery systems. HMA can help you solve issues with workforce recruitment and retention, the revenue cycle, the integration of behavioral and physical health, clinical best practices, and more. We have the in-depth experience and expertise to assist you, and financial tools licensed from 3M to analyze the data.
For a wide variety of healthcare clients, we offer our guidance with all facets of Healthcare Delivery System Optimization:
- Strategic Planning – Using a customized approach to engage leadership and teams in order to establish a clear set of goals
- Comprehensive Operational Assessments, Recommendations, and Implementation Support – Providing solutions to address gaps in workforce, quality, and performance
- Financial Planning, Implementation, and Optimization – Helping providers improve cash flow and navigate the challenging reimbursement landscape. We also offer valuable revenue cycle resources, focused on inpatient, outpatient, and risk adjustment services
- Value-Based Care and Alternative Payment Models – Providing the clinical, financial, risk-modeling and data analytics needed for the transition from fee-for-service to value-based reimbursement and care models
The HMA approach to delivery systems.
Issues that arise in healthcare often impact multiple areas of the business from strategy to fiscal management to clinical operations. That’s why HMA takes a cross-functional approach. By providing your organization with essential tools and solutions that incorporate aspects of each functional area, we help you avoid the pitfalls of less comprehensive approaches and create longer term value.
To ensure that changes and improvements to the healthcare delivery system are fully integrated throughout your organization, HMA experts from a variety of disciplines work in collaboration. Our Delivery System Team works in partnership with our experts in:
The four key focus areas for delivery system optimization
HMA focuses on helping your organization in four key areas.
HMA helps you:
- Integrate principles of value-based care design into clinical operations
- Link changes in clinic/department operations across the system with a focus on clinical outcomes and evidence-based practices
- Align financial incentives to outcomes, not outputs
- Implement CMS designs on value-based care, focused on improving health outcomes
- Incorporate Operational Excellence tools to improve clinical operations
Today’s healthcare organizations must develop evidence-based approaches for the integration of behavioral health and medical care, to improve health outcomes and reduce the cost of care. That’s why HMA gives you a multidisciplinary team that includes clinical, finance, and payment, and policy experts with hands-on experience in integrated care service delivery. We can guide you to the optimal strategy for the integration of care. Our delivery system experts also work closely with consultants from our Clinical Services, Behavioral Health and Quality and Accreditation teams.
HMA helps you:
- Align the strategic plan with execution across the enterprise
- Evaluate performance against measurable targets
- Map organizational resources to outcome-based objectives
- Focus on patient-centered operational improvements to address service line management and workforce challenges
Learn more about how HMA can help your organization optimize operations across the delivery system.
Discover the HMA Implementation Accelerator: A leadership development framework that streamlines change management for your organization.
Learn how HMA helps optimize workforce solutions.
HMA helps you:
- Optimize the financial management system to maximize reimbursement for services performed
- Identify targets to reduce waste and inefficiency
- Align policy to processes
- Provide visibility into performance at all levels of the organization
Learn more about our proven process to improve financial and operational performance.
Explore our insights on Value-Based Payment.
HMA helps you:
- Track trends in policy to help inform organizations’ long-term strategic plans
- Ensure your organization is positioned to be responsive to current and emerging trends
- Prepare to influence key policy decisions through advocacy, when necessary
HMA also has extensive experience with equity-focused healthcare delivery, and can offer strategic support and technical assistance to organizations seeking to develop health equity collaboratives.
Meet some of our delivery system experts.
HMA colleagues have deep and comprehensive experience as clinical leaders, health system administrators, and thought leaders in behavioral health, finance, managed care, information technology, long-term care, and community services. This broad range of expertise allows us to meet the specific needs of each client in shaping effective and seamless delivery models.
Serving clients across the healthcare landscape.
HMA’s clients include:
- Public Hospital Systems
- Safety Net Hospital Systems
- Academic Medical Centers
- Not-for-Profit Faith-Based Health Systems
- Rural Healthcare Organizations
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Physician Practices
- Associations (All Clinical Practices)
- FQHCs and PACE Providers
- State and Local Governments
Ready to talk to an expert about your delivery system project?
Schedule a Consultation