Webinar Replay: Veteran Medicaid Directors Discuss the Future of State Medicaid Programs
This webinar was held on November 8, 2021
Veteran Medicaid directors from Florida, South Dakota, and Idaho will provide a frank assessment of the many challenges, opportunities, and competing priorities facing state Medicaid leaders. Beth Kidder (Florida), Bill Snyder (South Dakota), and Matt Wimmer (Idaho) recently joined HMA after heading up state Medicaid programs during one of the most turbulent public health crises in a generation. The panel will be moderated by HMA Chief Operating Officer Chuck Milligan.
During this webinar, they shared their thoughts on how Medicaid directors will likely approach such pressing issues as successfully emerging from the public health emergency, assessing opportunities afforded by President Biden’s Build Back Better plan, and addressing looming challenges involving labor shortages, an impeding fiscal cliff, the future of pandemic-related regulatory flexibilities, and the growing role of home and community-based services (HCBS). Finally, they shared recommendations on how organizations can best maximize their effectiveness when meeting with state Medicaid directors by better understanding their world and what they need from various healthcare constituents like you.
- Understand the major trends and competing priorities facing state Medicaid leadership against a rapidly shifting local, state, and federal landscape.
- Find out what the “new normal” will look like for state Medicaid programs as they emerge from the public health emergency and wrestle with changes in enrollment, eligibility requirements, fiscal constraints, and the future of regulatory flexibilities installed during the pandemic.
- Learn how federal legislation and various state initiatives are driving dramatic changes in Medicaid, including expanded funding for HCBS, the success of telehealth services, expanded access to post-partum care, and the likely impact of the Build Back Better plan.
- Find out how to overcome growing workforce shortages and other challenges that are impacting the ability of Medicaid beneficiaries to access care, including emerging HCBS offerings.
- Learn how to maximize your effectiveness when meeting with state Medicaid representatives and how to uncover effective ways to partner with and support state Medicaid initiatives.
- Beth Kidder, Managing Principal, Tallahassee, FL
- Chuck Milligan, Chief Operating Officer (Moderator), Denver, CO
- Bill Snyder, Principal, Leavitt Partners, an HMA Company, Rapid City, SD
- Matt Wimmer, Principal, Denver, CO