Behavioral health: An essential foundation for a healthy future.
HMA understands that behavioral health is an essential component of high-quality, financially sustainable healthcare. From screening and assessing depression to motivating healthier behaviors and providing comprehensive care for those with serious mental illness, coordinated behavioral health services are the future of population-based healthcare. Our diverse, interdisciplinary behavioral health team has extensive clinical, policy, operations and funding expertise in mental health and substance use disorder prevention and treatment.
We use this expertise to:
- Resolve challenges in complex clinical and delivery systems
- Integrate behavioral healthcare into medical and surgical settings, and primary care into behavioral health locations
- Design interventions to address the social determinants of health
- Promote models that ensure culturally and linguistically competent care
- Devise financial and programmatic strategies and identify opportunities for business development
- Develop strategies for those with co-occurring substance use disorders and serious mental illness
- Enhance compliance with federal and state regulations, including parity mandates for the provision of mental health and substance use disorder services
We’ve used our multidisciplinary expertise to develop and improve programs for a wide variety of special populations, including children in foster care and juvenile justice systems, adults in correctional and homeless systems, older adults, those who are homeless, those living with HIV/AIDS and those facing end-of-life decisions.