Some of the brightest minds in publicly funded healthcare. Working for you.
Health Management Associates (HMA) is a leading independent national research and consulting firm in the healthcare industry. Founded in 1985, today we are more than 200 consultants strong and still growing. We have more than 20 offices across the country, with local expertise and intel in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico through HMA State Connect. We help clients stay ahead of the curve in publicly funded healthcare by providing technical assistance, resources, decision support and expertise.
Our team comes from all sides of the publicly funded healthcare arena. Formerly, they excelled as:
- State Medicaid directors, mental health commissioners and budget officers
- CEO, COO, CFO and other hospital, health system and state-based health insurance marketplace leaders
- Managed care executives
- Physicians and other clinicians who have run health centers and integrated systems of care–many still practice medicine
- Policy advisors to governors and other elected officials
- Senior officials from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Office of Management & Budget (OMB)
- Executives of community-based organizations, foundation program directors and civic leaders, university professors, researchers and statisticians, and LGBTQ and HIV community leaders
Our team has an intimate understanding of the challenges and constraints our clients face, and we work across disciplines and geographical areas to put that knowledge to work for every client. Simply put, no one knows publicly funded healthcare like we do.