We get what you are about. When you partner with our public health consultants, you create healthier communities.
The COVID-19 pandemic brought to light the importance of strong public health capabilities and the challenges faced by public health agencies across the country. HMA public health consultants can help public health agencies keep up with ongoing change, modernize operations and launch new and necessary partnerships to strengthen and expand public health capabilities.
HMA consultants have been in leadership roles at every level of public health and understand the challenges public health agencies face. Serving as a strategic partner, we help public health agencies build capacity and programs, plan for the changes ahead with innovative, progressive thinking, expand services despite financial challenges, and partner with communities to promote and protect the health and safety of their population.
Meet some of our public health experts.
HMA consultants are highly experienced professionals, policy and finance experts and practitioners who come from all skill areas and work in multidisciplinary teams. Before joining HMA, they had long and distinguished careers in local, state and federal government, and at nonprofits, foundations, and community-based organizations.
Uma Ahluwalia MSW, MHA
Madeleine (Maddy) Shea PhD
In addition to these consultants, our colleagues at Leavitt Partners, an HMA Company, provide deep expertise in value-based care. Leavitt Partners is also a respected convener, facilitating alliances to solve complex health policy problems.
Helping you transform every facet of public health.
Our areas of public health expertise include:
- COVID-19: Response and recovery programs
- Reproductive health
- Health transformation: Developing policies and programs for local, state and national organizations and federal agencies
- Chronic disease: Prevention and programming
- Accreditation guidance: Assisting clients with Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) accreditation
- Community Health Assessment and Health Improvement Planning: CHA/CHIP
- Community benefit and collective impact: Developing approaches to population health improvement efforts, including multi-sector partnerships and integrated approaches
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Health assessment and environmental health and regulatory programs
- Information management: Epidemiology, data, informatics, geographic information system (GIS) and health information technology (HIT)
- Strategic planning and organizational development: Helping craft actionable plans to make a meaningful impact on community health
- Health department modernization: Updating core operations, administrative and business processes, financial operations, capacity, and capabilities to mitigate budget pressures and improve community health
- Health equity: Assessing and addressing disparities in access to care
- Communicable disease prevention and treatment
- Injury and violence prevention
- Maternal and child health
- Medicaid and managed care collaboration: Creating meaningful relationships between public health and state Medicaid agencies/managed care organizations
- Behavioral health: Developing programs that promote mental health and prevent mental and substance use disorders
- Public health policy, health impact assessment, and economic analysis
- Program evaluation and performance improvement
- Social determinants of health
- Global public health: Understanding of the intersection of domestic public health with the larger connected world, including the impact of war, climate change, and immigration
Ready to talk about how we can help you with your public health project?
Schedule a Consultation