Webinar Replay: Behavioral Health Mergers: A Step-by-Step Guide to Evaluating, Structuring, and Implementing a Merger
This webinar was held on December 6, 2017.
A growing number of behavioral health providers have made the decision to merge with one another, or with other health care entities, to achieve the scale, scope and sophistication necessary to thrive in an increasingly complex healthcare system.
During this webinar, behavioral health and legal experts from HMA and Proskauer Rose will walk through how to successfully evaluate, plan, and implement such a merger. This includes not only the decision to merge, choice of partner, structural alternatives, and key deal terms, but also the pre- and post-merger work required to ensure a smooth and successful transition, identify and achieve stated goals, and address strategic, operational and legal concerns.
- Find out how to establish clear pre- and post-merger goals and metrics.
- Understand the role of the “merger committee” in deciding on the type of merger, future corporate structure, composition of board, organizational chart, decision-making processes and timelines.
- Learn about alternative and corporate deal structures, and the most important deal terms.
- Find out how to develop an internal and external communications strategy to help inform key constituents, including staff, partners, and donors.
- Understand the key legal and fiscal analyses and due diligence necessary to inform a meaningful merger process.
- Learn how to develop a contingency strategy to identify and address potential risks and pitfalls in the merger implementation.
Meggan Schilkie, Principal, HMA
Richard Zall, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
Who Should Listen
Executives among behavioral health providers, community-based organizations, health systems, and not-for-profit healthcare organizations.