Our Medicaid consultants help you develop innovative strategies—and deliver better care.
HMA Medicaid consultants offer in-depth knowledge and experience to help states, plans, providers, and other stakeholders deliver the broad range of services demanded of Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Working with HMA, you can strengthen person-centered approaches to healthcare that connect with social services to promote equitable, high-quality care. And with our comprehensive grasp of state and federal policy landscapes, we can help you navigate policy and regulatory changes, and seize the opportunities they present.
From policy changes to IT services, our Medicaid consultants can guide you through it all.
Our large and growing team of Medicaid consultants includes former state Medicaid and CHIP directors and senior agency leaders, hospital and health plan executives, and senior officials from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and public health systems. Their real-world experience and knowledge of the newest Medicaid innovations are an invaluable resource for our clients.
The expertise of HMA’s Medicaid team covers the full spectrum of services relevant to Medicaid and CHIP stakeholders, such as:
- Transformation of delivery systems and implementation of integrated models of care: Optimizing processes to enhance value and address health equity
- Establishment of Medicaid rates: Setting managed care organization rates and performing Medicaid risk adjustment for states
- Enhancement of eligibility, enrollment, and customer service systems: Improving IT systems and business functions across Medicaid, CHIP, and healthcare marketplaces
- Analysis of quality performance indicators: Assessing performance and developing quality improvements for plans, providers, and state programs
- Strategic planning and implementation of reform initiatives: Leading the creation and execution of initiatives, including Section 1115 demonstration programs
- Evaluation of state and federal legislation: Assessing the efficacy of health policy and implementing policy changes
- Creation of community integration initiatives: Analyzing, designing, and implementing initiatives to ensure equity in healthcare access
- Assistance with state plan amendments and proposals: Writing the necessary documents for federal funding
HMA publishes white paper, “Implementing the National Diabetes Prevention Program Lifestyle Change Program in Correctional Settings”
HMA publishes white paper “Restoring Capitation’s Incentives to Advance State Goals Post-Public Health Emergency (PHE)”
Webinar replay: Medicaid 1115 justice waivers and special populations: meeting the needs of justice-involved youth
Ready to talk to a Medicaid/CHIP expert about your project?
Schedule a Consultation