Webinar Replay: The Role of Medicaid Managed Care Plans in Addressing the Opioid Crisis
This webinar was held on March 14, 2019 and was the third webinar in a series about addressing the opioid crisis in America.
Medicaid managed care plans are poised to play a significant role in helping states address the opioid crisis by incentivizing utilization of effective therapies and developing policies that help stem the flow of prescription opioid drugs. Health plans are also developing models aimed at coordinating and improving treatment of opioid use disorder.
During this webinar, HMA public health and prevention experts provided an overview of current health plan opioid initiatives and offered a roadmap for future treatment and prevention strategies.
- Learn how health plans can help prevent the proliferation of opioid prescriptions.
- Find out what you need to know about the Substance Use-Disorder Prevention that Promotes Opioid Recovery and Treatment for Patients and Communities (SUPPORT) Act, also known as HR-6, and what it means for health plans.
- Understand the role of alternate payment models and value-based reimbursements in driving the best opioid care.
- Learn how new controlled substance provisions aimed at expanding Medication Assisted Therapy will impact health plans.
- Understand where health plans are having the most success in driving opioid prevention and treatment as well as where plans are seeing challenges.
- Craig Thiele, MD, Principal, Columbus
Who Should Listen
State and local public health and behavioral health practitioners, Medicaid, addiction treatment providers; clinical and administrative leaders of provider organizations, health systems, correctional health facilities, Federally Qualified Health Centers, and other provider organizations; executives of Medicaid managed care organizations and behavioral health plans. Attendees are encouraged to join the conversation and submit questions on Twitter using #HMAtalksOpioids.