Webinar Replay: Minimum MLRs and Rate Setting Requirements
On June 16, 2015, HMA Information Services hosted the webinar, “Minimum MLRs and Rate Setting Requirements: Implications of the Proposed Medicaid Managed Care Regulations.”
Health Management Associates Managing Principal Eileen Ellis and Steve Schramm, managing director of Optumas, talked about the proposed changes to the rate setting process and the implications for states, Medicaid managed care plans and other stakeholders. Listen to the recording and:
- Understand how the 85% MLR requirement may impact the financial flexibility of Medicaid managed care plans.
- Assess how the shift to actuarial certification of specific rate cells will impact the competitive environment for Medicaid managed care plans.
- Learn how the new rules may provide Medicaid managed care plans with additional risk-sharing opportunities.
- Find out how the proposed 85% MLR rules for Medicaid managed care align with existing state and NAIC regulations.
- Explore the additional documentation requirements from the perspectives of states as well as managed care organizations.
The slide deck for this webinar can be retrieved by clicking the “DOWNLOAD” button below.