On November 10, 2015, HMA Information Services hosted the webinar, “The Future of Community Behavioral Health: Leveraging the Transformation to Value-Based Health Care.”
Community behavioral health has never been more relevant. Not only have the costs of caring for those with behavioral health needs become a focal point of delivery system reform, but the medical system has also come to value the type of person-centered health care and social supports that the community behavioral health sector provides.
Leading healthcare organizations are already taking advantage of the significant opportunities for advancing behavioral health within delivery system redesign. Their success is instructive in an array of areas, including managing organizational change, strategically building out the continuum of care, and pursuing the partnerships, mergers and acquisitions that provide scale, capacity and leverage.
During this webinar, HMA Principals Heidi Arthur, Josh Rubin, and Meggan Schilkie highlight the opportunities available to community behavioral health providers and offer a roadmap for success. Listen to the replay and:
- Take advantage of new and innovative payment mechanisms and successfully navigate the transition to value-based payments.
- Learn how the behavioral health community is addressing the social determinants of health by providing supportive housing and using peer support to complement clinical care.
- Recognize partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions as important potential vehicles for expanding service lines and building critical mass.
- Understand the organizational and clinical advantages to becoming a Certified Community Behavioral Health Center.
- Assess infrastructure readiness for important functions like data warehousing, continuous quality improvement, compliance, prospective financial modeling, cost-of-care reporting, value-based payments, and managed care.
- Develop an approach to change management that accommodates rapid transition, promotes stability, and fosters buy-in during expansion and enhancement.
The slide deck for this webinar can be retrieved by clicking the “DOWNLOAD” button below.