Evolving and improving amid rapid change
Our world is ever-changing, and the landscape is constantly shifting. Strong public health capability is more important than ever. Public health challenges and opportunities are vast – improving core operations, accreditation, old and emerging disease threats, healthy eating and active living, opioid abuse and responding to federal policy changes. When the vital health and safety of America’s communities are primary 24/7, keeping up with daily change such as modernizing operations or launching new community partnerships can be challenging. That’s why we’re here to help.
HMA is a strategic partner with the expertise to help state and local public health partners thrive in an evolving world. We help health departments build capacity and programs, plan for the changes of today and tomorrow, expand services despite financial challenges and act as the architects of their community’s health.
Our consultants can assist you with emerging public health issues such as marijuana policy, public health accreditation, opioid misuse and abuse, reproductive health, health system transformation and more. We also have the experience to:
- Create meaningful relationships between public health and state Medicaid agencies/managed care organizations
- Help organizations craft actionable plans to make a meaningful impact on community health
- Develop health transformation policies and programs for local, state and national organizations and federal agencies
- Modernize core operations, administrative and business processes, financial operations, and capacity and capabilities for health departments to mitigate budget pressures and improve community health
What HMA can do for you.
HMA consultants are highly experienced public health professionals, policy and finance experts and practitioners who come from all skill areas and work in multidisciplinary teams. Our experts have had long and distinguished careers in local, state and federal government and at nonprofits, foundations, community-based organizations and a variety of settings.
Our public health consulting areas of expertise include:
- Chronic disease prevention and programming
- Community Health Assessment and Improvement Planning (CHA/CHIP)
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Environmental health and regulatory programs
- Epidemiology, data, informatics, GIS and Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Health department strategic planning and organizational development
- Health equity
- Infectious disease
- Injury and violence prevention
- Maternal and child health
- Medicaid and managed care collaboration
- Mental health and substance abuse
- Public health policy, health impact assessment and economic analysis
- Program evaluation and performance improvement
- Social determinants of health